Oxford university alumni dating Free adult chat room for iphone

During the winter and spring, it is the home of a herd of Fallow Deer.

At one point in the 19th century it was home to three traction engines belonging to the works department of the college.

By the 20th century it had become well-wooded with many large trees, but most of them were lost to Dutch Elm Disease in the 1970s.

This triangular meadow lies to the east of the college, bounded on all sides by the River Cherwell.

Magdalen stands next to the River Cherwell and has within its grounds a deer park and Addison's Walk.

The large, square Magdalen Tower is an Oxford landmark, and it is a tradition, dating to the days of Henry VII, that the college choir sings from the top of it at 6 a.m. The founder's statutes included provision for a choral foundation of men and boys (a tradition that has continued to the present day) and made reference to the pronunciation of the name of the College in English.

The college received another substantial endowment from the estate of Sir John Fastolf of Caister Castle in Norfolk (1380–1459).

Another unrelated college named Magdalen Hall adjacent to Magdalen College eventually became part of Hertford College.

In 2015, Magdalen has topped Oxford's Norrington Table of college undergraduate examination results.

The college has large grounds, close to the city centre.

Tags: , ,